GIGGLING SQUID STRATFORD
Giggling Squid Stratford upon Avon is located in a listed building on the corner of Ely Street and the High Street. The property has an interesting history. At the turn of the century it resembled a plain stuccoed structure, with only the roof line and slight jettying between the ground and first floors suggesting something older beneath. A 15th century timber frame was ‘discovered’ beneath the stucco in 1903, leading to a full restoration scheme some years later. Prior to conversion into a Giggling Squid restaurant, the first and second floors had been abandoned following removal of one of the staircases by a previous owner. PNW Studios obtained planning approval to convert these areas back into use, which together with an extensive refurbishment programme, has resulted in a popular and attractive restaurant destination.